Sunday, April 07, 2002

Home again.

Whistler Weekend could have been an ultimate blast, instead it was just pretty good fun. The reason for this is that on Friday night I started getting sore throat and by Saturday morning I was miserable. :-/ No snowboarding for this girl, though I did manage to drag myself along for a walk through the village and stop at a Pharmasave and get some Nyquil and Dayquil and Kleenex and throat drops... After a nyquil induced nap-of-oblivion on Saturday afternoon (on the loveseat in the great room with four people playing X-Box racing and laughing and cheering) I felt much better, though still sick, and was able to shower and go for dinner with 9 other people at a Tandoori restaurant. Mmmmmm.. Butter chicken. Naan. Rice. Mango Lassi. Yum. I have leftovers for tonight, too.

There was a great hot tub there, which I spent much time in trying to burn the illness out of myself, I was able to join in some games of Kings in the Corners, Pictionary and the ever-popular UNO. There was much work-gossip, but no "work talk", much laughing at "Flock of Seagulls" and other such Leah-isms, and some good food had by all.

George called me on my cell phone from Hawaii last night right just as we were getting ready to start Pictionary and I had to cut him a bit short, even though it sounded like he needed to talk a bit.. the "couple hours of work stuff" he had to do on his vacation ended up running WAY longer than it was "supposed to" (doesn't it always) and it involved a four hour timeframe in which to rebuild a server from scratch. He rocks and got it done, of course... but I think he was doubting that his vacation was ever going to get on track. It's only been three days, though... hope he calls back tonight and lets me know that things are going great again. He changed hotels and doesn't have the new number on him, so I can't call him. :-/

Back to the grind of apartment hunting. The 2 bedroom place is not going to be available this month, though Denash kept my number and I have his to call him and inquire near the end of the month (or next month.. whatever) We'll see. I need to investigate this "no money down" option and see if it can work for me. Damn, I hope so. Boy, do I doubt it! I'll keep hunting for pet-friendly rentals, too.



No comments: