Wednesday, April 10, 2002

Bless my Mom and Dad.

Mom called me and asked about the apartment that I went to see this afternoon, and I told her the bad news. It was already rented and the ad was wrong, they actually couldn't take pets in that building. So okay... There are other options. None of which are cheap or desirable. My mom listened to me and said "Oh no, that's too much money, you could never save anything." and then she interrupted me and said, "I think the best thing would be for you to stay with us temporarily so you can save money and so you won't rush into anything." I nearly fainted. I know just how hard this decision must have been for them, because I wasn't an easy teenager for them to deal with. I wasn't into drugs or alcohol, but I was surly and I had no direction and I stayed out all night with boys. Tough for a mom (and Dad) to take. Now my life now won't be conflicting with what they think I should be doing. I want to save money to buy a place, they are giving me this chance! They are giving me access to the car to get from Langley to Richmond for work and they are giving me a rent-free place to live. I cannot believe how much I will save. Tons. I will use it for a down payment... get together way more than the minimum and kick that mortgage's ass.

I am truly blessed. I don't have enough words for what this means to me. I'll never forget another birthday again.

This is me. This is me recanting all the frustrated, negative, upset at my folx parent-directed writings of the previous week or so. When it comes right down to it, they rock.

No comments: