Thursday, April 11, 2002

Whew! Much done and much more yet to do... and I'm not even selling a house like Ali is. Sorted out books today and sold a fraction of them. Donated a bunch of clothes to the Sally Ann and most of Champ's old cat supplies to Meow Aid. I'm much lighter and now I have some money for sushi with Tusker tonight. It's the final home game of the season and we're going together! Happiness is. All the ALI staff can point and be jealous that they're not in the cool section we are in.... but it'll be neat to see them all there, too.

The weight off my mind is huge and I can't thank my parents enough, but I'll still TRY to. I spoke with my financial advisor again today and gave him all sorts of details about my financial state. He's going to come up with a few different options in some reports to see what we can do to get me into my own home with 25% down by this time next year. Exciting, but not quite as quick as I'd hoped for. It will come. I just wish I could buy a house, but not in this part of the world without some kind of small miracle or 300,000. ;-)

I have to figure out what I can take to my parents' and what I need to store. I also need to figure out what the name of that storage place right by work is... so I can call them and arrange to rent some space. Then organize a truck, an elevator appointment, some helpful volunteer movers and an appointment with the property manager of this place once we have it all cleaned up. Maybe I should get George to organize that... I have way too much else to do!

Time for some packing love.

No comments: