Monday, April 08, 2002

I'm going to be homeless come May 1st. I've had no luck so far... and it doesn't look promising. Meh. Balls. Shit. Hell. Ass. Fuck. Wandering around Marpole, asking people with dogs where they live.. (most own, one was in a co-op apartment) searching for Vacancy signs, calling the numbers and being rejected outright when I asked about the building's pet policy makes me feel like I am a lesser person. I have a steady job. I have amazing references. I have a dog. The last one of those three makes me a pariah. Leper! Outcast! Unclean! I cannot give up my dog. I cannot live in a dump. The one place I saw today where the manager is going to check about pets but is pretty sure it's "NO" isn't really someplace I'd want to live. It's on the lower floor, it's hot, it's tiny and it's smelly.

Hard to find anything to compare when I live in one of the nicest apartments in Vancouver (which seems to be rented already for next month as it is no longer on the listings page). I'm feeling completely tired, sick and overwhelmed once more. I hate feeling this way.

No comments: