Wednesday, April 03, 2002

Well... how's this for a turnaround. I don't feel nearly so swamped by life today. I think that 1.) talking to the financial planner and 2.) deciding not to "settle" for a crappy apartment in order to have my dog live with me (I'd rather be homless with a cause!) is what I have to thank for that. It is all within my capabilities. It always was, I just didn't realize it!

I don't use the phrase "under my control" for a reason. Nothing is under my control except the way I deal with what happens in life. Despite the best laid plans, I could be hit by a bus tomorrow and never walk again. Not what I had planned. Not even close. That's a pretty extreme example, but you know what I'm getting at. We all have things that come up in life that can hinder us or make us stronger. It's all how we look at them.

I look at Gretchen as a beautiful example of a person who takes what life throws at her and counts her blessings with grace, humour and dignity. She didn't plan to have a child at this stage in her life, especially one with the challenges that Becca presents, but as frustrated as she sometimes gets, the sunny, positive side of her is always showing through to inspire us all. Thank you Gretchen. You are a treasure!

My friends, online and IRL, are my blessings. They stick with me through the nastiest parts of me and still give me love. I love them right back for it and for all the other inspiring, creative, depraved, magical things that they are. Blessings, every one.

Somtimes, I am the queen, of commas.

No comments: