Wednesday, April 03, 2002

More things coming up in the options department.

I could stay here. I could accomplish this in one of a few ways. 1.) I could get a roommate. My neighbour knows a very sweet flight attendent that would be gone 50 - 80% of the time. That would be cool. 2.) I could help a troubled youth or an elderly person have a home. Apparently my neighbour gets some good coin and some great relationships by helping troubled teens.

I could buy a place with no money down. Ron has done this. Legally. He knows just how to do it. I will have to talk to him about it. This would solve many problems, such as never having to beg to have my dog or be refused tenancy because of her. But I'd want a place in the Landmark 33... probably too $$$. We shall see!

I could move. I found an apartment that would do nicely, though it certainly doesn't have a view like our current place. Nor does it have a pool, a hot tub, a gym, a steam room, a concierge, a great neighbour like Ron... it lacks in so many ways. It also lacks in one important (but good) way: It lacks the huge price tag of this suite. It lacks the distance from work, too.. it's probably a 10 - 15 minute bike ride from work versus the 40 minute ride this place is. The only obstacle right now is that the owner had an application two days before mine. He says he will meet with them and call me either way. The tenant who is currently there, Sabrina (she's nice) told me in our hour-long chat that the landlord prefers single people to a couple. That looks good for me. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if it was meant to be!

Here's a description from what I can remember:

It's about 600 square feet with a large master bedroom, spacious, interestingly-shaped living room, open plan kitchen (with a skylight) and a large bathroom. It is clean (smells a bit like wet Labrador Retriever at the moment, but that can be remedied) has good paint and carpet and a new fridge. It comes with a stove. There are sliding glass doors off of the living room that lead to a spacious balcony where I can have a barbeque! There are two closets in the living room area and a big one with an organizer in the bedroom. I just realized one problem with that suite. No laundry that I know of. It's on top of a small commercial building with about 3 stores below it.. and it doesn't have in-suite laundry as far as I know... maybe that small 2nd closet in the front all was laundry... I hope so! Hauling laundry on a bicycle will suck, but it can be done... or there's always the emergency hand-wash and hang-dry.

Whatever happens, it is meant to be. I'll sleep on all the information that Ron, my neighbour, gave me -- and see what tomorrow brings in the way of new apartment for rent ads, calls from prospective landlords and mulling over of possibilities.

No comments: