Thursday, April 04, 2002

I'll post this when bloggers "server upgrade" is finished. :-/

Busy day.

Took George to the airport for his trip to Hawaii, today... that was hard. The whole Hawaii trip and him deciding to go after we decided not to when we had originally planned to go together thing is what got us talking about us not being "us" anymore a few weeks ago... and it was hard to take him there and see him off and know that I'm on my own and he's on his own and we're not going there together.... or anywhere together anymore. :-/

But.. I rallied and went to visit the folks at work. It was only 6:30AM, after all. So I stopped by McDonald's and bought a bunch of McMuffiny things for my friends at work to eat. They were appreciative, although they had sent someone out on a McDonald's run just before I got there. =) I have great timing, yes, I do. Talke a lot with my co-workers about things, sat in on a post-install meeting for Johns Hopkins and did my part trying to justify to the boss-lady just WHY it was good that I went on this trip. I really don't think she saw the benefit of me going, despite how well things went. Silly lady.

The organizers of the trip to Whistler this weekend (did I mention I am going to Whistler for a few days?) and I got together and figured out what kind of food to get, made up a list and I went to Costco to pick it up. I then came home, almost fell asleep and my mom called. I arranged to drive the dog out to her work at 3:00 (it was 2:15 at the time she called) so she could take her home for the weekend while I'm away. Then I drove to Tisol, got some more cookies, cuz I know Mom will spoil Rainy all weekend and there will be none left! I took my old co-worker Sandy out for dinner. We've been sounding boards for each other for a long time, and I filled her in on the split between George and I. She was surprised... which is unusual, because usually she knows well in advance of when I do when a relationship of mine is on the rocks. Heh. We both enjoyed dinner and I was thouroughly tired by this time so I bought the rest of the groceries that I couldn't get at Costco and headed home.

Now I'm damn tired. Going to watch a movie, call Denash about the apartment and go to bed. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: