Wednesday, April 03, 2002

Just got back from the office of my new financial planner. I love how they get paid. The bank, insurance agencies and other financial institutions pay them from the "spread" between what they give on the money we invest with them and what they make from the money we invest with them. I don't put out a penny (except for lawyers fees for things like legal wills etc). This rocks. Everyone should have an advisor like Floyd.

I really feel better after talking to him --- he's my parents' advisor as well as my honorary aunt and uncle's advisor. I've met him socially before but didn't realize it. I felt very comfortable with his description of the four parts of a financial plan and how they are all unique to the person who the plan is for. I have another meeting with him next Thursday at 9:00AM to go over the state of my current finances. Scary but exciting.

No comments: