Tuesday, April 02, 2002

How easy it is to slip from a feeling of power to one of helplessness and despair. I try to analyze it, to fight it, to block it out... but the feeling creeps in again. It's relentless. I cannot give it to it or I will fall... and I may not be able to get back up. I feel the tears of hoplessness well up in my eyes as the feeling of despair creeps into my throat and I fight it with every positive thing that I am doing for myself. Sometimes they are not enough and for a moment the tears win... I will continue to fight these feelings of self-doubt and betrayal that are trying to overwhelm me.

I do not deserve to feel this way. I rail and rail and rail against it, and it keeps coming back at me. The fear of not being able to succeed. The fear of change. The fear of losing my power to another human being again... I don't want that! I want to be powerful and share my power with others who will share their power with me. There is no giving away of my power in my life any more. Only sharing. Growing. Keeping. I will NOT give it up for nothing again!

The TV keeps drawing me to it. It used to be my form of escape. My way to ignore the realitiy that I'm living in... now that I've cancelled cable I am fighting to stay emotionally stable and strong without having that escape. This will be a challenge. It is a challenge I want to face and to win. I KNOW it will make me stronger in the long run. Maybe I have half the battle won just by being aware.

I will not let these fears control me and subdue me!

Self doubt: "What if I don't find an apartment that will take Rainy? What if I do, but it's crappy and horrible?"

Answer: "I will put my belongings into storage and find someplace for Rainy and I to crash for a month, be that at my parents or somewhere else. I will MAKE my parents help me by lending me one of their cars. I will not settle for a crappy place to live. I DO NOT HAVE TO! There is always another solution, if I just look for it."

I am not alone in this, but it's easy to forget that I'm not, when I'm at home alone with no car and a feeling that no one could understand what I'm going through. I sink into fear and let the feelings of despair nibble at my soul with tiny painful bites. I fight against it. I temporarily win or lose and then the cycle starts all over again.

When the fears and self doubt come, I doubt every decision I have ever made.

Posting here helps, even though I'm sure anyone who reads this is well and truly tired of me repeatedly voicing my fear. Screw it. I will do what I have to do. I have internal drama of my own making enough for all.

No comments: