Thursday, April 04, 2002

Called Denash. He gave the place to the first couple. BUT... ( a big but... heheh) he has another place in the same building which is a 2 bedroom for only 100 bux more a month. I would love that, too... or maybe the first couple would like that and I could have the one bedroom... the thing is... it's currently rented. BUT (here's where the big but actually comes in...) the guy renting it just had his girlfriend move out... and he may be wanting to move, too. Denash is going to seriously talk to the guy tomorrow/tonight and call me on the weekend. I told him I'd be out of town on "business" (snowboard trip seemed a bit frivoulus if I don't have anywhere to live in just under a month...) but I told him I'd check messages on my cell and call him as soon as I could.

Either way. I'd be up for it. The place has what I need right now, it's close to work, spacious, quiet, nicely maintained and the landlord seems VERY sweet. He asked me if I'd been having a hard time finding a place, and I told him that I honestly was. Every place I call or visit, NO PETS is the first thing they tell me if I even broach the subject in a round about way... I usually ask " Are there any animals living in the building? " (as though I'm not fond of that...) and they have so far always said, "No, we have a very strict NO PET policy." Bitches.

I'm ready to hold out for the right place, and I'm ready to be "homeless" for a while to get the right place. Maybe the laws will change - I know a review of the residential tenancy act is in the works for the spring session of the legislature - and I'll be able to make those evil, power-hungry landlords who smugly disallow pets say "Damn Government. They's bitches." when they HAVE to rent me a nice apartment! =D

Now, I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Whistler tomorrow!

No comments: