Wednesday, May 01, 2002

Feeling good and bad about being here at my parents' house. It's strange... I could never stand to come here because my mom would nag me and bug me and generally make me feel like a child. I was dreading the way it would beel to be here all the time with her. I wondered if we'd drive each other mad, or if when she saw my tattoo she would freak out (that is yet to come, I'm sure I'll still get the freak out on that one). Now I think that my Mom has really been stifled all these years, at least in some ways. She may not ever agree that me getting a tattoo is okay for me even if it's not for her, but she's really being supportive about me moving home. I think she likes to have someone besides Dad to talk to... but also, I think Dad used to make her do things his way, and she'd give in, because her Mom never let her Dad do anything with the kids his way... and now she's standing up to my Dad some. She was the one who made the choice to let me come live here, she gives up her car to me to use to get to work, she helps me make space to put things and helps me put things away... she's been incredible.

I'm gaining a new respect for my Mom through this. I know it's only been a few days, but even before the move she was very helpful and cleared space for my clothes and bathroom stuff in the upstairs bathroom. She's been awesome. I wish I could share everything about my life with her... so she could read this blog... but there are some things that I don't think she's ready to know. I'll hide the tattoo as long as possible. I don't want to shock her. That's not what my tattoo is for... maybe after a few months we'll be close enough that I can reveal it without giving her a heart attack... and maybe not.

We shall see.

My Dad still doesn't seem to want me here all that much. He is kind of putting up with me. He does have quite a bit to put up with since I invaded his computer room to sleep in... and I think he'll come around eventually. We went for a walk with the dog tonight and he was cool... I think things like that will help him feel more comfortable. Time will tell, but so far I think it's going well.

Dinner at the Boathouse TOMORROW. Yum. My favourite.

No comments: