Sunday, January 20, 2002

Yawn!

Not enough sleep last night, and early early early work day tomorrow.

We managed to make it out to the Vancouver Motorcycle Show in Abbotsford today, to join Cow and Babyblade. George posted all the pictures here. My hair is growing. Wow.

Been doing a lot of thinking today about where I want to go with my life. Hell.. I'm not sure, very few among us that I know of are certain of what they want to do with their lives. What are some things I would love to do?

Go to cooking school and become a chef.
Run a Bed and Breakfast.
Travel all over the world self-sufficiently (ie: backpack/tent/etc.)

Obviously not in that order... but something like that could really fulfill me, I think.
I should look into this stuff... cuz computers are cool and alll --- but they don't really make me feel fulfilled.

I've started on the travelling self-sufficiently thing. I have a list of supplies and gear that I need, I've started slowly buying it -- over the next year I'll have everything I need of good quality, Hopefully I can test it out this year a bit before the big Peru trip that I have planned for next June. I got a stove this weekend. MSR Whisperlite International 600. Cross that off my list.

The list so far:

Arcteryx Bora 75 Backpack (Womens' Standard)
MEC Wanderer 2 Tent (mesh or regular.. not sure yet)
MSR Water Filter (can't remember brand off top of my head)
A good compass
MSR Cookware
Dromedary bag to fit MSR filter
Good Merrel boots
and some other miscellaneous stuff.

I already have a nice sleeping bag and some good long underwear/down/fleece clothing. But really, I sometimes feel like selling all the crap I have and living out of the tent. I'll just shower at work, thanks. ;-) That would probably get tiring really soon.

Bike Touring seems to be out for now... I'd worry about my bike too much... and besides, my bike is in dire need of some repair/maintenance -- I barely trust it to ride to work and back these days. Getting flats in the BC winter dark and rain really takes the desire to cycle to work right out of me... but I will persevere. Maybe once I have my head on a bit straighter and my finances in better order I'll look into getting a recumbent cycle.

Living within my means... Going out of my mind...

No comments: