Wednesday, July 03, 2002

Whew! I managed to get tomorrow off - so in celebration of Ali's birthday painting can get done and most of the packing, too. Go me! I'm taking it as a vacation day, but what the heck! I'll have more comp days by the end of the year to make up for it. I still have some vacation left, too.

Anyway...


Here I am at work where everyone is whining like a bunch of babies. "They don't pay us enough." "I used to make more money at my old job, I had to take a pay cut to come here." What some of them don't seem to realize is that "taking a pay cut" is not even remotely the same thing as "being laid off". When you're laid off, you're worth whatever you can GET at a new job. If it sucks so bad, why don't you just LEAVE. Find that glorious new position that will pay you what you think you're worth! Just please. Please. PLEASE!!! Stop being so whiney.

I'm still revelling in the glory of not working in Pet Food retail. While that was fun, and I was happy, it wasn't a job where I could save any amount of money towards my future!! This one is and I am! Yay! I still feel blessed to work here, though sometimes (like right now) I slack off a little bit. I try not to surf from here, but on really slow afternoons or during lunch I sometimes sneak a peek at my favourite weblogs... Hum dee dum...

Tomorrow will rock. Get up early. Get cracking. Pack things. Move things. Paint things. Whee!

I'd best clear up some things before heading over to my new home at 6. La la laaaaa....




No comments: