Monday, July 08, 2002

Ahhhh... the move is done, now to the unpacking! My brother was an awesome help - getting the 1 ton work van and driving all over heck and gone with me to retrieve my things. M. met us in Richmond... he rode his bike and ended up flatting just after the Oak Street Bridge and having to walk the rest of the way to storage. He made it and his help and hugs and kisses were MUCH appreciated.

I'm window impaired. When opening the window in my new bedroom I managed to give myself an injury that inspired a fantastical "OwFuck!" dance. I slid the window open quickly and trapped my thumb between the window frame and the sliding window. It bruised one side and sliced the other. "OW! FUCK!" was said many times, with me dancing to the bathroom to run it under cold water. It's doing well. Ow. Fuck.

More things retrieved from Storage yesterday... I need to find a place to put all the food that I brought with me to my bro's. I wonder if Ikea sells portable pantry cupboards. I'm sure they do.

Things yet to do:

1. Buy food.
2. Unpack everything and find homes for it all.

To facilitate that I will need to:

3. Build some shelves in my closet to store gear on.
4. Build some shelves in my bedroom to store books on.
5. Buy or build a pantry cupboard in the kitchen for extra storage.

I also want to:

6. Add some candle/tealight shelves to one wall in my bedroom.
So much to do!

Argh. Work!


No comments: