Thursday, May 09, 2002

Long day yesterday. Short night. Meh. Pager can suck, indeed it can... but I'm going to have one big shift on this next paycheque and TWO on the cheque after that. Wh00t! ;-)

Made plans with my dear-friend-from-school-who-now-lives-far-far-away to go up and visit her in far-far-away land in June. I'm excited! She's going to be hella pregnant by that time... only four weeks from her due date - so maybe her hubby will be picking me up? Or I'll walk? We'll see!

Living with the parents is good, except for a few things.

1. The bed I'm sleeping on is crap and my back is starting to hurt.
2. Dad wants me out of there as soon as possible and he not-so-subtly hints about it all the time.

Things I could do to remedy these few things:

1. Buy a better twin mattress for the bed I'm sleeping on (I can then use this in my 'spare room' when I get my house!)
2. Suck up to Dad big time ("Hey Dad, wanna go golfing? Can I wash the car for you?") and keep out of his way as best I can while proving to him that I'm saving tons of money towards buying my own place and couldn't do so nearly as quickly without the help they're giving me by letting me stay there rent free.

Who knows... maybe he'll come around in a few months time... maybe he won't. Whatever happens I just have to dump as much money as possible into the "saving for a house for Heather" fund while the dumping is good. No rent and no food bills = $ha-ching! $aving$! Argh! The slowness of it all. I'm hoping that by this time next year I'll be chewing on a cigar and saying in my best Hannibal-leader-of-the-A-team-voice "I love it when a plan comes together."

I miss Gretchen's postings. Gretchen, come home!

No comments: