Sunday, March 03, 2002

Joshua at NeXT both decorated and inspired me, yesterday. I was told that I'm remarkably good at sitting for a tattoo. The first three hours were a relative piece of cake, and then my threshold for pain just suddenly... ended. The last hour was excruciating, but I sat as still as I could and just lived for the fact that as soon as the gun wasn't touching my skin any more, it stopped hurting.

During the first few hours, Joshua and I discussed such things as the way the media and not the government controls the world, the ramifications of September 11th, The Enneagram and the nine personality types (he's a four, I'm a nine), and he let me read two wonderful books by Shel Silverstein called "The Missing Piece" and "The Missing Piece Meets the Big O". I was enthralled and engaged, both my mind and my body being altered. I've already ordered the "The Missing Piece Meets the Big O" from Chapters.ca, and also placed an order for the book Personality Types, of which I was only able to read the basics about my personality type.

It was frightening and exhilarating. Reading about the Nine personality type was like reading a book about the ups and downs of my life. I want to be the best Nine that I can be, because I've never been there... it will take spiritual growth, more ups and downs, and really making myself be INVOLVED in life, rather than hiding out in my own dream world. I'm fascinated. I'm amazed. I'm willing to start working on that right NOW.

No comments: