Friday, October 19, 2001

After having a nice hot shower and snuggling up on the couch after work last night I realized that I needed something. Thai food. I tried a place near us called "Simply Thai" and it was simply wonderful. I ordered take out so I wouldn't miss Friends and Survivor... yes... I've become a Thursday night TV slave. Ah well.. it's fun.

I had chicken in yellow curry with potatoes... I braved the spice and got "medium".. trust me, for little ol' white girl me, this is brave. And it was PERFECT. Delicious yellow curry with coconut mik, just-cooked potatoes and tender bite-sized pieces of chicken. Add just the right amount of lip tinglies afterwards and you have one Happy Heather. If any of you are ever in town and you like Thai.. that's where we should go. =) I insist. YUM!

Got a flat tire on the way in to work this morning. It was a moderately fast leak... I can always tell when it's going flat that way because as I'm riding along I can begin to feel my normally solid bike begin to get bouncy and springy with each stroke of the pedal. I don't have shocks. This is a dead giveaway that my rear tire has gone flat. Before I started riding my bike to work every day I had only had probably one flat tire in my whole life... and that was from the rubber of my tube degenerating due to lack of use!! So far, in about 4 or 5 months of riding I've had 3 flat tires. One I wasn't prepared for and had to be rescued from... (thanks DieharD and Cherry Poppins big brother the Talon) Next day I went to MEC and got a spare tube and some tire levers. Life savers.

Now to find an easier way to get the tire back on the rim... those last few centimetres are painful.

The weekend is here. Mmmmmmmmm..... Tomorrow I'm going to go and learn how to do the copper foil method of stained glass. I've always been interested in stained glass, but the price of some of the ugly ones you can buy out there is horrific. Don't even get me started on the price of good quality stained glass. This way I'll be able to make whatever I want to make, too. If it goes well... I may even make some personalized gifts. Wish I had a workshop. :-/ After the glass class DieharD and I are going to head out to a movie with McCow and BabyBlade and then go get some sushi.. at least I think that's the plan. I'll let him work out the nitty gritty while I break glass and make it into something cool and colourful.


Sunday will be a sleep in day. Sleep. In. Next week I don't have to leave the house until 8:00 in the morning! OMG!

No comments: