Tuesday, October 16, 2001

Work-a-day world. Work's not so bad, really. I actually love my job.. so it's easy to go in the morning and so hard to leave at night... okay maybe not that hard. ;-) I'm back to riding my bike in to work each day... I think I started about five months ago... missed a few weeks here and there, but overall I've reshaped the lower part of my body and lost some of my 'baby fat' look in the face. Weight hasn't come off like I thought it would, but perhaps that has something to do with me eating too much and not doing anything but the cardio that the riding to work gives me. That or it's the thighs of steel I've managed to build.

The ride is about 12.5 km each way and takes me about 40 minutes to do. That's One hour and 20 minutes of exercise and fresh air each day. Some days fresher than others. Stinky traffic. Roads are for bikes! ;-) I have all kinds of gear. A bike computer that tells me a lot of things about my ride.. how long it took me, my max speed and average speed and that I've ridden over 1400 km since I bought it about 2 months into my riding. A really good lighting set from Nite Hawk (made in Canada!) - I wish the battery would last a bit longer with the super bright bulb... but I just use that one for emergencies... on dark roads or when approaching a busy intersection to make sure the cars actually see me. I have a 3 layer Gore Tex jacket from Mountain Equipment Co-op as well as some of their rain pants and neoprene booties to keep my feet dry and toasty on those wet West Coast days. Two Serratus panniers to carry my lunch and a change of clothes with me and a spare tube, set of tire levers and a multi tool in case of emergencies.

Tire Levers. Don't leave home without them.

More later... I have to get ready for dinner at La Terazza!

No comments: