Thursday, May 30, 2002

Surprising as it may seem, I haven't seen Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones, yet.

Seeing the "latest and greatest" movie isn't even in my Top 10 list of priorities right now. It's strange how suddenly it can change. I'm not quite sure why I don't care all that much... I'm a fan and everything - heck, I even lined up for Episode I tickets (and then seats) when it came out. I still want to see Spiderman on the big screen... but somehow I haven't made any time for it -- and I've been off pager for two weeks, now.

What is it that has replaced my desire to see the latest, greatest movie? I'm not sure. I'm enjoying not being a slave to pop culture... but I have yet to figure out totally why I'm not a slave anymore. Maybe it's having Real Life (tm) goals that has changed my perspective on what is important. I visited with my brother for the first time in ages last weekend -- and I'll be moving in to his house next month... I've taken a backpacking course, and I've signed up for more outdoor courses... there are so many other things to do for 2 hours besides sit and watch a movie that's making billions of dollars in ticket and merchandise sales. They don't need my money...

On the other hand, maybe if I had someone special to go with, I wouldn't be so lackadaisical about it. ;-)

I'm lookin' for my missin' piece,
So Fleece my knees and grease my bees!

No comments: