Monday, May 27, 2002

I still feel pretty yicky but I came to work anyway. Ended up going to my bro's house after going for lunch with him and my mom. Seemed like a good idea to go to the place and see if I can stand living there! Looks like I can. 2 car carport (we'll make Graham park outside!!) ;-) My bedroom would be quite small, but it would be all mine. There is room for my computer, but not for my huge computer desk - at least I don't think so, we'll see. HUGE backyard that Rainy is already in love with, good sized living room with a wood-burning fireplace and a nice sized kitchen that looks out onto the backyard. There's a BBQ and a locking shed out back to store bikes etc. in. The funniest thing about the place is that it's absolutely 70s. Shag carpet. Brown doors and lavarock fireplace. Dim lighting. I'll probably buy my own light fixture/lamp for my room -- just to brighten it up!Maybe for the living room, too. We'll see.

Jacquie, the other roommate who is staying, seems like a cool girl. She likes gardening and plants - there is a veritable jungle in the living room, but as long as I don't have to maintain it - I'm happy. I can store my camping gear underneath my bed -- it'll be fun finding a place to dry it... but a few hooks in the carport should at least allow me to air it out if it comes home soaking wet. And I could probably set up my tent in the living room overnight if necessary. ;-) I'll be close to the mountains and the lakes and I'll be close to the Billy Miner pub. Hopefully some old friends still jam there every Sunday night, because I'd love to get back together with them.

No comments: