Monday, April 22, 2002

So it's four in the morning and I'm at work. Go pager! This has been a fairly busy shift, but I've proven my dedication by coming in to the office both days of my weekend. Today was more necessary -- one of the hubs had a UPS failure and made all the computers on the other side of it inaccessible. Bad. Bad. Very bad. Especially considering I was in the middle of troubleshooting what got me here in the first place when it died. That was at 11pm yesterday.

I'm getting to that point where my head is spinning and I want nothing more than to go to sleep. I told George to climb into the bed and sleep there, cuz I probably won't be home until late, and I'd just wake him up. So I'll crash on the floor mattress until he gets up around 7:30 -- or maybe I'll just be getting home, then!

George's Mom rocks. She's the most open and sweet and wonderful person. It's no wonder George is so honest and straightforward. I spoke to her on the phone today and she told me that I am always welcome in their home. That I will always be part of their team and to come over any time - whether George is there or not and that if I ever need any help - just to ask. =) Made me get all teary-eyed. She is a very dear person whom I would love to have in my life for many years to come. I let her know that they can always call on me if they need help of any kind, too.

No comments: