Saturday, October 13, 2001

Thanksgiving Dinner (one week late) here tomorrow. My parents and my brother, my sweetie's parents and his brother... going to be a full house. I began preparations today... the potatoes, something called a "turnip puff" and the cranberry sauce are all done, so far... Now I'm starting to make a couple of pies... one Pumpkin Chiffon and one Apple (for those who don't like pumpkin pie <-- !??!!). My sweetie's family doesn't like it. I don't know why.

Got up at the ungodly hour of 8am this morning.... but hell.. that's sleeping in over THREE HOURS for me. ;-)

Went to my parents' house last night after work to try to find the missing place setting of china. No luck. I don't know what's happened to it. :-/ Mom's upset... but she'll get over it. We then went over to my aunt and uncle's house - who I haven't seen since my Dad was in the hospital last year - and my Grandmother on my Dad's side. Haven't seen her in a long time, either. She's 89. Lives on her own. Gets taken advantage of by nasty men who ask her if they can mow her lawn and then steal her lawn mower. I wish humans weren't like that. She doesn't look 89, more like 70. She wants me to write to her, and I'm going to...

I recently lost my Great Uncle... and it made me realize how old that generation of our family is getting... they won't be around much longer... and I'm going to miss my Great Uncle so much. He was such a sweet and wonderful man. Always a gentleman, an avid photographer, a loving husband, a veteran of the Armed Forces in WWII, born in Vancouver in 1916.. how things must have changed around here in his lifetime! My mother was exceptionally close to her Uncle, and to her Aunt -- and now they are support for each other in their time of loss. Losing my Great Uncle made me closer to my mom, too. Closer than I've ever felt. I love you mom, even though you'll never read this...

So much to do before tomorrow. After I bake the pies, I'm going to take a nap!!

Tell someone you love them. Show them how much.

No comments: