Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fiddle dee dum... fiddle dee dee...

Hum. Swell... Headache. Waiting to find out if I get to go to the Dam Inn Pub tonight for Wings Night. Thrilling, really.

In pottery news: Could not for the life of me find my underglaze on Monday, so had to borrow the one ingredient I was missing from the school in order to make up a new batch! So now, I've made a new batch of liner, and a new batch of underglaze AND I will be firing final product in a kiln I've never glaze fired before. Three unknowns. No time to test. Gads I hope it works out!!! I need mugs for the 28th! Sell, baby, sell! Phew. But at least I got that part done, they're all signed, waxed and lined... now I just have to draw horses on all of them, glaze the outside and pack them carefully to take to my friend's house for firing. My kiln gets wired up on Friday - then I can test it... but too late for this run, I fear. Maybe I'll do about 30... then I'll have 30 more to test plus all my 'tester' pieces. I also must remember to buy some more pyrometric cones.

Waiting. Waiting. Doesn't look like I'm going to the Inn. Poo. Better start the fire so I can get warm - it's cold in here. And put the oven on for some pizza. Maybe I'll start drawing some horses. Couldn't hurt. I only have 3 days to do it and pack 'em up for Sunday.

Meh.

Other than that good day, though. Worked 4 hours, went to town for lunch Mmmmmmmm.... El Taco! Then came home and spent some quality "scratching the itchies" time with the horses. They're just beginning to shed... SPRING is coming! Though you might not know it from the 10cm of snow we got the other day. :-/ Away to me, pig!

No comments: