Monday, January 13, 2003

Life is upside down and sideways and I'm loving it. The official word went out today at work - I'm leaving - won't they all miss me?! Wednesday this week will be my last day of work, that night I have my first pottery class, Thursday I have an appointment to start some knotty dreadlocks in my hair... and life goes on! I'll be back in the office for a short time on Monday - to sign some paperwork, show off my knotty new look and then mosey over to storage to see what can be sorted for donation/home/M's place. Then... I'll think about getting a job someplace. =) Home depot? Restaurants? I'll find something!

The letter I sent out to people here at work:


Hi everyone,

It is with only a slightly heavy heart that I write this. As you know, I am moving on to explore the possibility of a life outside the box. Though I never felt completely suited to the work here, I definitely enjoyed working alongside all of you and it is this aspect of leaving that tempers my joy with sadness. As cheesy as it sounds, I learned a lot during my time here - about life, about people and about myself - and I'm grateful for it. Thank you all for being part of that, I'm going take it with me as I enjoy this next adventure.

I don't have any definite plans, yet, but I do know that the future holds much more music, art and creativity and no more pager shifts. ;-)

Thanks again,

May whichever deity or belief you hold to be true give you strength and comfort.

//Heather




I was contacted the other day by Family Services... these are the people who have been searching for my birth mother for me. When I called them back, I found out that they think they've found her. I spoke with a wonderful lady named Nila who is going to be initiating the contact with her. The way it works is, they send her a letter asking her to call them - telling her only that they wish to speak with her about a person born in 1972. It is up to her whether or not she is okay with making contact with me. In the worst case, she will say "no" and I will then be able to go on from that point. Hopefully she will not say no... but if she does I am ready to deal with that possibility - I'm also ready to deal with the possibility of meeting the woman who gave me life so long ago ~ and being able to thank her for giving me life. What a life!! So many possibilities. So much to do! Fantastic!


No comments: