Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Home am I from Vanderhoof and visits with my dear friend. Laura. You are HARD CORE. Eight months along and going wheeling to show me the glories of Cheslatta falls, the Kenney Dam and other gorgeous places in Northern BC. I envy the simplicity, wild beauty and gentler pace of your life... I know that one day, I will achieve this. Living the dream.

The trip was fantastic and I just wish it could have lasted a bit longer... but as she said, it'll keep me itching to come back and visit her again - which I will definitely do. I think the fall might be nice.. I want to see all those trees in suits of orange and red and yellow and give the townsfolk something more to talk about (who *was* that person I saw you in town with the other day??!) The black flies that like to take large bites out of me near my hairline will hopefully be gone by then. If not.. .there's always winter!

We saw a moose, four bears and a deer from Friday to Sunday. I have a picture of bear number one. Jeff saw more, but he was driving a taller vehicle on the way to their house from Prince George - we missed the deer that were on the other side of the highway below us because Laura and I were driving in her cute, short Honda Civic. Chilling in their adorable house on 6 and a half acres... walking to the river, playing with and meeting the entire gang of critters that share their home. *waves and snuggles* to Riker, Max, Coffee, Rudy and Rex. Touring the town, riding in an awesome Cheep 4x4 (part Chevy, part Jeep) that has finicky vent fan that sounds like a turbo prop is taking off inside your head, planting flower boxes, eating Moose (yum!) that has been slow-cooked all day in a tasty sauces, talking about old times and new, and watching movies curled up on the couch. These were but a few of the activites that took up our all too brief visit.

Laura and Jeff are convinced that they're having a boy... but they don't know the sex for sure. I wonder if life will throw them a curve or go just the way they're feeling? Time will tell! Good luck guys!

I will be back to invade and impose upon the hospitality of dear Laura and her hubby, oh yes indeed! She has inspired me to take up running again - which she too will do once the baby is big enough and she has recovered enough from the birth. Go us! Sun Run 2003, here I come.

Upon my arrival home, I was happily surprised at the airport by M. and after driving him home shared a wonderful walk in QE park, a fun night-scramble to the top of a rock outcropping (in the process nearly scaring to death the asian girl who was sitting on the stone wall at the top talking to her boyfriend), serious attempts to find subjects that we do NOT agree upon (unsuccessfully) and then walking back to his home to discover that we both adore Dave Matthews Band and love my peanut butter cookies. I also met Wave - who is a huge, powerful, playful, affectionate sweetie of a young cat. *purrt*

How is it that now that I know I can be single, and have no problem with it at all... that suddenly I find myself meeting a man whom I fear is a creation of a halucination? If I didn't have a picture of him and witnesses to confirm that he's real... I'd swear that I was lost in an amazing dream. I don't want to wake up, but if I ever have to, at least I can remember the dream with a smile in my heart.

No comments: