Saturday, February 16, 2002

Joining The Friday Five club:

1. What was the first thing you ever cooked? I really don't know. Toast? I think I helped my mom make Peanut Butter Cookies. Yum. First pie I baked was a cherry pie. My mom and I were humming that song "can she bake a cherry pie, billy boy, billy boy?" the whole time. I even have a picture of me with that pie. Freak.

2. What's your signature dish? I don't really have ONE signature dish. My favourite easy one is chicken breasts with white wine and herb sauce. My signature desert is an extremely rich Cheesecake.

3. Ever had a cooking disaster? (tasted like crap, didn't work, etc.) Describe. Somehow, I managed to burn rice.Multiple times. It stinks. It tastes BAD. Even if you only burn it a little bit and eat the non-burned parts... somehow they take on the taste of the burnt crusty stuff that sticks to the bottom of the pan. Now I just start it to a rolling boil and turn off the heat. Perfect!

4. If skill and money were no object, what would make for your dream meal? Perfectly blue rare tender steak, digby scallops, sashimi... baked cheesecake for desert... Bad question. I love food. Period.

5. What are you doing this weekend? Going to see Lord of the Rings again on the big screen. This time with Tusker and Roomie Guy. Talking to the tattoo artist about my new (first!) tattoo design. As little else as I can get away with.

No comments: