Sunday, February 24, 2002

Canada is the First Nation of Hockey once more. Fifty years after our last Olympic Gold Medal in Men's Ice Hockey, Team Canada finally did it again. This victory was sweet, but the women's victory was sweetest to me... they just had so much more invested in that game. After all, they don't get to go back to professional hockey teams and making millions of dollars on Monday... I'm so very proud of our Canadian Women's team.

Still, we had some mad scenes in Vancouver... check out a pic that a friend of mine took of Robson Street just after the game, today. It was still like that hours later. In fact, it's probably still like that, judging from the intermittent honking I can hear outside. People in cars honking and screaming. People on the street screaming and yelling. Everyone waving, wearing or inventing Canadian flags. DieharD, Rainy and I all joined in the fun when we went to try and get smoothies. Smoothie place was closed, but Robson Street beckoned... So much noise and yelling with absolutely everyone happy. Still makes me smile. Hope nobody got hurt in the wild abandon.

GO CANADA GO!

I think I'll bring my little flag to work with me tomorrow!

No comments: