Sunday, November 25, 2001

*struggle to keep eyes open*

What a long and kind of productive day. I say kind of because I don't really know what I actually got done. Rainy got a haircut -- I have pictures - I'll show you someday. I like the new lady. She was reccommended to me by my Aunt who has two toy poodles. They're cute and they guard her house by standing on the back of the couch and having a barking fit at anything that moves outside. Keeps them entertained for hours - thank goodness my poodle is large and mostly silent. She looks lovely, and we're going to grow out her tail a bit -- just think, both Rainy and I are at having those horrid "in-between hair" days. Heh.

Drove out to Cloverdale and Langley for the haircut and then for dinner at mom and dad's with my brother and his girlfriend Lisa and her daughter Amanda. Amanda is great. Strong willed but a good kid and super confident and outgoing. She loves my brother, which is great - he's good with her, too. Makes me think about the whole 'having kids' thing... hmmm... we'll see.

George is a wonder. He puts up with so much crap from me sometimes that I just don't know how he does it. I get grumpy when I'm hungry. I get grumpy when I'm sleepy and I get grumpy when I'm in pain. I was all three today. Poor George. He's incredible. I thank the Powers That Be for him... and then I think... he oughta thank the Powers That Be for me, too. We each have our quirks and foibles -- it's just a matter of how much we're willing and able to put up with each others' quirks and foibles.

Love. It's a beautiful thing.

Did some laundry... have more to do... got the Christmas stuff out of the cellar at my parents' house and dragged it home and up the elevator. Tonight is "Christmas Decorating Eve". Tomorrow is Christmas Decorating Day. At least in my apartment. I also have to replace the brake pads on my bike... and I do mean HAVE to... or I'll be putting grooves in my rims by mid week, latest. Ah the joy of it all.

I have a yearning to do a bicycle touring trip. I'm thinking to Calgary to visit me a DeeAy and RakE. I'll do some reading and see how long it'll take me and how much time off I've accumulated by the time the snow melts. I'll have to get me a good tent, a stove and some bear spray. Cool.

I also want to go to someplace warm... so maybe a ride down to California stopping off to visit an Ali and a Doug along the way. Call me crazy, but I think it'd be fun. We'll see..

Bedtime, now... to dream of things bicycle.

No comments: