Thursday, June 07, 2007

So. There's more to being pregnant than meets the eye. Mostly in the wiggly human octopus in your belly department. At least for me. It's a really neat feeling and at first all I wanted was more, more, MORE of it! I still do at times, especially when I'm chilling on the couch and want to see the baby poke my belly out.

However....

What they don't tell you about being pregnant is that baby can kick you in the bowels. Causing you to fart. Uncontrollably! Thankfully this occurrance is rare, thus far. But still. Hilarious.

I'm back working in the studio, making jugs of all sizes today and tomorrow, then maybe on to teapots, or I might develop a sugar bowl to go with my creamer. Could be a good idea. I also need to make some pendants. Lots to do!

Around the house, the garden is planted, though it's not fenced and it's not all sifted. Huge job. We borrowed some help and a quad and trailer to clean the manure buildup out of the horses' paddock. 3 years is a lot of shit! Now we have wonderfully composted manure for the garden and all of our friends' gardens.

I'm painting the doors in the house - when we moved in I thought I should and just lived with it until now. Today is the 2nd coat and the first coat was already such a difference!

My parents are coming mid June for a visit and Mom and I will paint and re-do the cats' room - turning it into the baby's room. I'm looking forward to that - we need a place to store all the baby stuff we're starting to collect... plus I think it will make it seem more real. I'm going to go with pale yellow and blue/violet trim. We'll re-do the floors afterwards and hopefully find some fabric to go with the colours and make some nice curtains, etc. Should be fun.

I now have a belly on me. True story. It's only going to get bigger!

Off to paint..

No comments: