Saturday, August 30, 2003

For fun... The Friday Five:

1. Are you going to school this year?
Yes. Damn, it still seems strange to type that. =)

2. If yes, where are you going (high school, college, etc.)? If no, when did you graduate?
Kootenay School of the Arts: Centre for Craft and Design

3. What are/were your favorite school subjects?
In high school they were Biology, English, Band, Art and P.E.. This being my first year at KSA, I have no idea what my favourite subjects will be, but I'll bet it'll be the clay studio.

4. What are/were your least favorite school subjects?
Math.

5. Have you ever had a favorite teacher? Why was he/she a favorite?
I've had a few "favourites". Grade 6. Mr. Jamieson. He'll always stick out as a teacher that was amazing. He was fairly new to teaching and hadn't yet been jaded by the system like all the other teachers that I'd had up until that point. He taught us games and played them with us, sang us songs that he wrote himself and inspired us to think globally and act locally. We went through all the garbage cans on the upper floor of our school and separated the recyclables, the compostables and the true garbage. We all went to McDonald's and left the styrofoam packaging on the counter saying, "No thank you, I don't want this part.". He had a contest to see who could keep an ice cube from melting for one day without using mechanical refridgeration - my friend Jan won and took me to McDonald's with her and "Dr. J". All in all, I remember him the most fondly.

My clay teacher Veronica at the Richmond Potter's Club was a beautiful and inspiring person - she moved from China, went to school in the Maritimes and made amazing and beautiful pottery - and she always had a ready smile, laugh and helping hand. I can't wait to hook up with her once I'm done with school... see what she's up to!

I wonder who will be my favourite at KSA? So much new to learn!

No comments: